On Tuesday, August 28th,
The members of the 8th Sub-circuit Democratic Committee held an open meeting to evaluate candidates for judicial seats in the Circuit Court of Cook County.
After interviewing eight candidates and reviewing their credentials, the committee unanimously endorsed Judge Michael Forti for the Laura Liu vacancy.
The 8th Sub-circuit Democratic Committee is a diverse group of 15 elected officials from across the City of Chicago. The members are:
- Committeeman Tim Egan (2nd Ward)
- Alderman Pat Dowell (3rd Ward)
- President Toni Preckwinkle (4th Ward)
- Commissioner John Daley (11th Ward)
- Alderman Danny Solis (25th Ward)
- Alderman Walter Burnett (27th Ward)
- Alderman Scott Waguespack (32nd Ward)
- Alderman Patrick O'Connor (40th Ward)
- Alderman Brendan Reilly (42nd Ward)
- Committeewoman Lucy Moog (43rd Ward)
- Alderman Tom Tunney (44th Ward)
- Alderman James Cappleman (46th Ward)
- Committeeman Paul Rosenfeld (47th Ward)
- Committeewoman Carol Ronen (48th Ward)
- Alderman Joe Moore (49th Ward)
Join these dedicated public officials and a growing list of community leaders in supporting the candidacy of Judge Forti by signing up for our e-newsletter now!